Striker Online

Manor hit three to see off Strand


In the Sligo Southern Hotel Super League Manor Rangers Played host To Strand Celtic and it was the home side who took the Lead through Alan Hickey in the 20th Minute.

Strand Celtic got back into the game when Colm McKeown equalised before half time. Ronan Feeney put Manor Rangers ahead in the 60th minute and Brian McDonald settled matters in the 75th minute to give Manor full points.

Ballisodare United welcomed Aughanagh Celtic to Young’s Quarry with both sides not giving much away in the first half hour.

Ballisodare Did take the lead in the 32nd minute when Darragh Healy Scored from a free kick. Stephen Fallon added a second scored on 43rd minute to put Ballisodare two up at half time.

Both sides had some scoring chances in the second half and in the 70th minute Ballisodare were awarded a penalty Andrew Patton Stepped up to score form the spot and put his side three Up.

Aughanagh Celtic had a chance of pulling one back when they were awarded a penalty kick with thirteen minutes remaining but unfortunately Paul Mc Tiernan was unable to convert and the home side took the three points.      

Merville United took on MCR and it was Tyler Stallard that put the home side ahead after 20 minutes with a brilliant free kick. Merville were unlucky not to add more goals to the score sheet shortly after taking the lead the when hit the post and following that they missed a penalty before half-time.

MCR rallied the troops at half time and it was Keith Gilmartin who level the scoring to start his sides comeback. Two goals from In form Ryan McManus put MCR Further ahead and with only ten minutes remaining Keith Nibbs settled matters and gave MCR the three points on the day.

In the Sligo Pallets Premier League Riverstown Masters and Tireragh Fc were unable to field teams and St Johns Fc and Benbulben FC were awarded the points. Chaffpool United were at home to Arrow Harps and it was the visitors who took the Lead With a goal from Keith McMorrow.

Niall Whelan added another for Harps to give them a two goal lead at Half Time. Goals in the second half from Daniel Willis, Michael Kilkenny and Liam Tuohy were enough to secure the win for Arrow Harps

Cartron United took on Coolaney United in McSharry Park and continued on their winning ways with goals from Paddy Heraghty in the 25th minute and Colin Feehily in the 43rd giving Cartron a two goal lead at half time.

Unfortunately for Coolaney two minutes into the second half they conceded a third goal through an OG to put Cartron three-up. Coolaney did score in the last minute with a goal from Johnny Gilligan 

Gurteen Celtic and Real Tubber was the other game that went ahead in the Sligo Pallets Premier League and it was Real Tubber who took the three points when they went two up in the first half with goals from Rhys Henry and Jason Dwyer.

Jack Walsh added a third before Michael Doddy pulled one back for Gurteen. Peter Wynne put it beyond the reach of Gurteen when he added Real Tubber’s Fourth

Related posts

Limerick up next for UEFA EURO 2020 Football Exhibition

Eamon Scott


Eamon Scott


Eamon Scott