Adult Amateur and Underage Football
Including Underage National Leagues
COVID-19 Compliance Officer Role and
The status of the current COVID-19 pandemic is an ever changing and evolving situation and these
guidelines will, at all times, be in line with and guided by Government and Public Health policy.
Training can begin from Monday, 15th June, once the Club has completed and returned the checklist
Training can only take place in line with the FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol.
All Clubs are required to appoint at least one COVID-19 Compliance Officer. This person must be a
club member. A COVID-19 Compliance Officer who is appointed to teams with underage players is
required to have up to date Garda Vetting and completed Safeguarding 1 training. This person’s role
will be to attend and observe the training session, keep a record of attendees at all training sessions
for contact tracing purposes, and liaise with the Coaches and Club Chairperson on the processes and
procedures around the training facility and training session content. This person should be familiar
with the Government, Department of Health, and Public Health Policies in relation to COVID-19.
Role and Responsibilities
Training Venue, Facilities and Equipment
- Ensure that a COVID-19 Risk Assessment is carried out on the training venue prior to its use.
- Ensure that COVID-19 signage is visible throughout the training facility.
- Ensure that no changing rooms or showers are used.
- Ensure that sanitary facilities are accessible for players and coaches.
- Ensure that all training equipment, including goalposts are sanitized before and after every
The Training Sessions
- Ensure that the group numbers specified in the FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol are
o Adult Training | Group of 15 (14 players & minimum of 1 coach)
o Underage Training | Group of 15 (13 players & minimum of 2 coaches)
- Ensure that only essential personnel access the training pitch/area
- Ensure that the training area is at least 75 X 50 metres in size
- Ensure that social distancing is adhered to by all players and coaches when accessing and
leaving the training area
- Ensure contact is kept to a minimum during the training session, as per FAI Safer Return to
- Ensure players, coaches and parents refrain from congregating at the venue or car park
during pick-ups and drop-offs.
Coaches and Players
- Ensure that the coaches and players understand and adhere to their responsibilities, as set
out in the FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol.
- Keep a record of attendees at all training sessions for contact tracing purposes.
- Regularly liaise with, and report to, the Club Chairperson and relevant coach(es) regarding
the training sessions and adherence to the FAI Safer Return to Training Protocol.